Deepfreeze alternative: Shadow Defender

I've been using Deep freeze both for personal(testing) and customer used. In the Internet cafe my friend and I manages, currently their using Deep freeze to protect their computers from all sorts of virus / malware / spyware and etc problems. There were few setbacks on Deep freeze but it proves it effectiveness in day to day used. Problems encountered at times were: it's not image cloning friendly. Crashes or prone to cmos resetting problem. [Read More..]

Come, play and Join the Battle at BATTLEDAWN

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx is HERE

Ubuntu: For Desktops, Servers, Netbooks and in the cloud

I've updated my ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 last Wednesday May 5, 2010. Glad to say that the live upgrade went well and was a success. I had to fix my firefox flash plug-in installation after the upgrade. My current Shockwave Flash is version 10.0 r45. I was able to run my flex based site (http://cfgo.dyndns.org/welcome/) after that. My website will be a collection of the designs and projects I had in mind like comics, animations and etc. I had establish my own hosted web servers both on windows 7 and ubuntu 10.04 using Xampp, DynDns Client(for windows) & inadyn(for GNU/Linux) software to maintain Domain Name & Public IP settings(dynamic public ip), router configuration and adobe flex builder & flex SDK. Ubuntu changed my outlook and improved my total creativity and productivity at work and entertainment. It may not have all the softwares I used on my other preferred operating system but all-in-all it gave me the flexibility I need to cope with what it can offer. Being able to use varieties of software opened my perspective on how to deal with the daily requirement of different activities. I'm really into software testing. As a computer technician, a feasible, tested and proven software gives me the advantage to guide & help people that were daily facing computer stress related problems. And ubuntu is one of the reliable operating system, troubleshooting & file retrieving software I used. I may not know all of the best softwares around the world but what's important is to know how to use the softwares I have today and information is just one click away.

Try ubuntu 10.04 now to enjoy a stable, reliable, feature-rich environment. At work and play.

No comments: